Monday, February 17, 2014

Draft 1





Going to Africa has been a dream of mine since I was a sophomore in high-school. I want to go to help women who've been raped. My dream of going to Africa has lead me to even go into a field where I can be able to help women. My calling is to help others and help them mentally and spiritually.

In my sophomore year I had a class called African literature. I learned about the cultures of many of the countries I learned about the struggles that they go threw. I feel in love with the culture, but I knew something needed to be done about the women being raped. In that moment I came to the conclusion that I was going to be a sex therapist. At first I didn't know how to tell my mom that is what I wanted to do but she accepted it when I told her.

Even though it is really awkward to tell people I want to be a sex therapist I think we don't have enough of them. Sex is a beautiful thing the action of two bodies becoming one is just a beautiful thing. I want women to have a beautiful sex life even though they have had a traumatic experience. I think as a young girl knowing what I want to do is amazing. I am so determined that I even applied to go on a missionary trip to Africa. As of right now its the only thing that I can find close enough to actually allowing me to work and interact with the people in Africa.

Being only 18 years old I know that it is a big decision to go to another country with people I never met before to a place that will be so new to me. I am so excited to go I am a little nervous. This has been my dream since sophomore year and for it to actually be happening is so astonishing to me.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment